Friday, October 14, 2011

Colosseum and Finals Week

This morning Kate and I got up early to have our obligatory tour of the Colosseum. We'd seen the outside of it many times but never got to actually go inside because we aren't enrolled in the history class. There was no one there when we got there so we took a few pictures and rome-d around for a bit (sorry bad pun). We didn't have a tour guide or an audio headset but we made due the cheaper way by reading the signs as we walked around. It reminded me of a giant baseball field the way it was set up like a stadium. I'm really glad I got to see it up close and personal finally and it was well worth the 12 euro we paid to get in!

Afterwards we found this adorable Italian bakery where we got delicious chocolate filled pastries. They were folded in half and were coated with an almost crunchy sugar glaze and had a nutella filling. Such a great find.
In other news, it's officially finals week now. We had our LAST class in Rome on Thursday which was a sad day for everyone. Theology final is going to be rough seeing as we've only had four class periods that were three hours each. Our professor isn't much help either, having a teaching style resembling that of Professor Snape (his British accent doesn't help) but I'm sure I'll survive. Lots of cramming these next few days though as well as trying to fit in everything we still need to see in Italy. I thought studying for finals in St. Joe made things difficult to focus, but Rome is a thousand times more distracting. I should probably stop procrastinating now and hit the books. I just keep reminding myself, less than a week and I'll be in Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment