Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tour of Roma!

Yesterday we went on a tour of the city of Roma! We saw everything just like it looks in the movies (well kinda). We saw everything you think of when someone says Rome, including the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountian, the Coliseum and several sites of old Roman ruins. It was a walking tour with headsets so we could hear the tour guide (as if we didn’t stand out enough already). It’s so fascinating to learn about the stories behind each of the sites we saw.  For example the reason why there are so many beautiful fountains everywhere is because that was a campaign strategy if you were running for office. They didn’t have posters, TV, or the Internet so they would just build giant fountains or sculptures to get people’s attention.






I love everything about this city so far. I feel like I’m in the movie Roman Holiday (the Audrey Hepburn classic). We’ve passed so much merchandise for that movie I’ve been trying to budget out what I can bring home. I hope to find more sites from the movie before I go! 




No comments:

Post a Comment